Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Great Recession is Upon Us

And I feel fine. Though I follow it still, I don't care to write about it or spend any more time than is necessary dwelling upon it. I've watched this train wreck unfold for almost three years, back when I thought I was alone in being alarmed about our collective debt, both public and private, that seemed to be spiraling out of control.

I thought that I must have been missing something back in 2003-5, when I saw everyone around me buying homes at prices I could never afford, (and I suspected few of them could either) back in the days of the 20 year-old $650k fixer-upper tract home. I would look to the news media for some reason and sanity, but the paper and radio told me that everything was right and good and exactly as it should be...

Anyway, here we are. I've dined on schadenfreude long enough. It was delicious (even if a guilty pleasure) on the way down , but has left me with a dodgy gut. Time to eat simpler fare. It will serve better on the trek ahead of us.

Farewell.

1 comment:

Dead Man Walking said...
This comment has been removed by the author.